Direct Line: (317) 489-4175
Email: darrin @ indyintune.com.com
- Bachelors: Computer Science
- Additional two years competed as Business/Finance Major
Novel: The Pessimal Design
Novel: The Halferne Incubus
Cultural Vision Awards 2016
Best Local Radio Station
Nominated: 2014, 2015, 2017
Best Local Radio Personality
Nominated: 2014 - 2017
Best Music Festival
Best Radio Personality
Best Local Podcast
March 2006 to Present
On-Air Personality / Podcast Host
- Known for improvisational humor, deep eclectic musical knowledge, and a 60's AM style presentation.
- Conduct both live and scripted interviews with an engaging and adaptive interview style. Equally comfortable with structured or conversational presentation, serious or humorous tone.
- Nominated for "Best Local Radio Personality" four times by NUVO Newsweekly and once by the Indianapolis Star.
- Responsible for 24/7/365 station programming consisting of local music, original talk programs, and solicited sponsor spots.
- Scout and discover all new music.
- Build multiple genre-based rotations.
- Study ratings, web analytics, and audience surveys to guide programming changes.
- Nominated for "Best Local Radio Station" three times by NUVO Newsweekly and once by the Indianapolis Star.
- Organize and manage annual live music festival, streaming broadcast/simulcast, and fundraiser dedicated to a different local charity each year as selected by the audience.
- Select venue(s), coordinate physical location logistics, obtain additional equipment as needed.
- Work directly with charities to produce pre-recorded informational spots and printed materials to promote and market the event.
- Recruit sponsors and solicit corporate gifts.
- Select and schedule performers, guest speakers, and hosts for the event.
- Coordinate stagehands and sound crews for multiple stages.
- Serve as master of ceremonies during the event.
- Nominated for Best Local Music Festival by NUVO Newsweekly.
- Designed and built automation software to build and manage custom libraries, rotations, playlists, track introductions, bumpers, and ad drops.
- Designed and built console management software including soundboard, track manager, and other custom tools used by various live segments and shows.
- Designed and built integrated web site that includes audio archive, artist/venue database, blog, and other online content.
- Coordinate promote guest appearances, call-in segments, promote live broadcasts and performances
- Manage live recordings and perform post-production of audio files.
- Create pre-recorded shows, drops, skits, and commercials.
- Nominated for Best Local Podcast by Indianapolis Star.
Music Video Revivalwww.musicvideorevival.com
July 2020 to Present
Staff Writer / Performer
- Primarily responsible for myriad "meta-guerilla" web sites, easter eggs, rabbit holes, and long-tail humor secondary to the main show.
- Work on the main writing team as needed to contribute individual jokes/gags or to "punch up" a scripted segment of the main show.
- Perform improvisationally as a minor, recurring/bit character on the show.